A Cartoon Classic Turns 40!
YOUR PRODUCTS WITH A GARFIELD LICENSE:
A PROVEN AND WINNING OPPORTUNITY!
Garfield, the most famous cat ever, is an evergreen multi-generational brand, with 40+ years in the market, that maintains the delicate balance of being cool and edgy with kids, while still widely accepted and loved by parents. With over 95% brand familiarity, two movies, a hit TV show, over 135 million Garfield books sold, and presence in 111 countries, Garfield has become one of the coolest and most important franchises of all times.
Garfield commands instant brand awareness and credibility, and to know Garfield is to love him! He is a pop-culture icon with total family appeal – a cat with an attitude! And Garfield brings a team of professionals with him, including his creator, Jim Davis.
Lots of great stuff is happening to GARFIELD! These are just a few of his latest plans:
- New GARFIELD animated movie in development with Alcon Entertainment!
- New TV distribution partner – 9 Story awarded exclusive worldwide rights for all platforms!
- New GARFIELD: A Musical With Cattitude theatrical production licensed by Rogers & Hammerstein!
- It’s the BIG ONE: GARFIELD turned 40 in 2018!
Join us for the fun!
About Paws, Inc.
Cartoonist Jim Davis’ company, Paws, Inc., located near Albany, Indiana, was founded in 1981 to handle the creative end of the Garfield licensing business. Today, Paws is the sole owner of all copyrights and trademarks for the Garfield property, and controls not only the creative angle of the fat cat’s flourishing empire, but also the licensing, marketing, and brand management of Garfield and the Garfield characters.
GARFIELD was born on the comics pages on June 19, 1978. The creation of cartoonist Jim Davis, GARFIELD is a humorous strip centered on the lives of a quick-witted orange cat who loves lasagna, coffee, and his remote control; Jon Arbuckle, his owner; and Odie, a sweet but dumb dog.
GARFIELD was introduced to the world in just 41 newspapers and is now the most widely syndicated comic strip ever, appearing in 2100 newspapers. The comic strip, distributed by Universal Press, is read by over 200 million people each day and is translated into 42 languages.
The success of the comic strip spawned an entertainment empire including television: Garfield and Friends, The Garfield Show, and a dozen prime time specials; movies: Garfield: The Movie and Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties; hundreds of best-selling books, and thousands of licensed products.
Garfield has long been considered an evergreen property because he has not only endured, but continues to be fresh and funny after 40 years in the limelight.
- GARFIELD TV Show currently viewed in over 130 countries, including Canada and USA
- More than 17 million fans on Facebook facebook.com/Garfield
- Twitter twitter.com/Garfield
- Website garfield.com
- Free educational site professorgarfield.org
- Check out everything you need to know about GARFIELD in the GARFIELD LICENSING BRAND DECK
- Find out the TOP TEN REASONS TO PARTNER WITH GARFIELD
- We know he is, but see: GARFIELD BRANDING BIG SHOT
- Check out GARFIELD’s Digital World
©Paws All Rights Reserved.